Followers

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dysfunctional Wednesday!

    Living Simply With Boys! 

     Paul came home from work and he brought Julius and Isaiah a bag of balloons...maybe about 20 in the package. You would have thought it was Christmas morning. I sat back with a gentle smile on my face and let the simplicity soak in. Actually, I was proud that my boys don't need hundreds of dollars worth of toys or technology to make them happy. Even a couple of the older boys joined in the fun. Living simply has always been my focus when it comes to raising my kids. They certainly have a few gadgets, but nothing in excess. 

      While Paul and I made tonight's dinner I could hear jumping and the musical sound of their laughter carry down over the stairs. I looked at Paul and said, "Do you know how good it makes me feel to know that they aren't caught up with what the "Jone's" have?" He nodded his head and agreed. After dinner he went up to shave and I stayed downstairs. 

       Ten minutes later a very disgruntled Paul came down and said, "I'm not happy." 

        I said, "Oh, my gosh! Don't tell me someone called out and you have to go to work." 
     
       He gave a snide, "Nope."

        I said, "Well...why are you so irritated?" 

        He said, "One of the boys...I don't know which one or ones, made water balloons and proceeded to have a fight on our bed. It's soaked!" 

Let the finger pointing begin! Oy Vey! Boys!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment