Followers

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Dysfunctional Wednesday!

You Need To Check Yourself!
I avoid those "self-checkout" aisles at the grocery store at all cost. Those flipping things are so prone to malfunction it isn't even funny.  However, today there was only one regular lane open and it was packed.  Deciding I didn't want to wait in a long line with two kids, I ventured to the self-check out aisles to speed the process along. I  figured with so few items,  I can't possibly screw this up. You scan things and put them in the bag. Its not rocket science.  
So I begin! First item....scanned. The register says, "Please place the item in the bagging area" over the speaker when I've already done it. It tells me I'll have to wait for an attendant to assist me, but then corrects itself ten seconds later. I said "WTH" to myself.  I scan the next two items and it says it again.  This time I say out loud. "Oh, my aching arse!" I got a few stares.
I scan a few more items, and it did it a third time and let me tell you.....it wasn't a flipping charm. I blurted out "I wish I had a 9 iron, because I'm about to go Happy Gilmore on this thing." Okay, I got a few stares, but I was completely serious!
 Please remind me that I don't like the self-check outs and to wait in the huge line no matter what!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment