Followers

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Dysfunctional Wednesday!

There is this nice little nature trail behind the library and town hall in Knightdale, that's perfect for a stroll. They even have some observation decking so the kids can check out the turtles and fish in the pond. 
 
On our walk there today, Julius, Isaiah and I came to our favorite one, and we unsuspectingly came upon a man sleeping on one of the benches with an open beer. He looked just, as shocked to see us even though my boys were loud enough to wake the dead. Long story, short....I wasn't comfortable. 
 
I didn't know the guy, he had been drinking and I was in the middle of a wooded trail alone with two little boys. It was about this time I wished that I had taken the time to train my children to never say "why?" 
 
Me(whispering to Isaiah): Let's move further down the trail.
Isaiah: WHY!!??
Me(gritting my teeth): Shhh! *softly* Because I do not feel comfortable being here, so we need to move on.
Isaiah: ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THAT GUY??!!!
Me(slaps forehead): *softly* Forget about it.
Julius: WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?!
Me(nonchalant): Oh nothing.
Julius: YES! I HEARD YOU GUYS!!
Isaiah: OHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (the light bulb came on) Just come on Julius I want to show you this bridge over here.
Me: *shaking my head*    


 Isaiah finally figured it out.

 I came home and told my husband about it, and he agreed that the guy was probably harmless, but moving on was a wise thing to do with two little kids.

Me: I kept mentally making a plan. If the guy got dangerous I was going to scream for the kids to follow the trail back to the library and get help.
Paul(looking at me like I'm crazy): And then what would you do?
Me: I would have stayed to make sure my babies had enough time to get out. I would have used Judo or something.
Paul: You've never taken a karate lesson in your life.
Me: True....well, I totally would have drop kicked his arse.
Paul: At 5'2" *snort*
Me: Well, if that didn't work out....I would have just started to playing with my boobs!!!

 Paul shook his head, but not in disbelief...surrender.  He can't tame me, no matter how much he tries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment